Thursday, November 15, 2012

10 Month Anniversary

   Well, here we are again…. tomorrow marks the 10 month anniversary of our move to sunny Southern Cali.  Yes, it has been 10 months since we ripped our roots out of the frozen Wisconsin turf.  On Jan 16th our dear friends Randy and Cathy drove us and our multiple suitcases to the MKE airport.  So much has happened since then and it kind of feels longer than 10 months.  Our roots have started to penetrate this irrigated CA soil…. we have wonderful friends and a home here. And we still have wonderful friends and family "back east". Thus we are doubly blessed! Dave NEVER thought I would ever leave our Waukesha home and Wisconsin…. well he was wrong! Of course the thought of my early retirement ( although with no monetary benefits) did help ease the pain :) Enough said since you may have read all those past blogs! Some random pictures since I feel blog posts should have photos...
I visited the lovely Oceanside Harbor on Tuesday.
Tuesday I had lunch in this peaceful spot- love the lack of tourists!


One of my recent hats. Remember sock monkeys?
My friend Sherry made this lovely pumpkin bouquet.
Proof that we do have fall colors. One of our trees.



Just mastered the long tailed elf hat.
A friend commissioned me to make a set of hats.

New twist- the sleeping owl hat.
And that's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment