Thursday, December 13, 2012

Rainy Day

       It is a rainy day which is really great for a few reasons…. I am getting some indoor projects done and also it is free water! The downside of living in this climate is that indoor projects don't appeal when you can be outside. Dave is back from his work travels and is on overwhelm. So we played a few games of "Word on the Street" while we both procrastinated. I am preparing for the home invasion of lots of very welcome guests starting next week :) Yesterday I measured, mixed, rolled, cut, baked and frosted 5 different kinds of cookies. Now the crockpot is smelling mighty good with some meat for the freezer- carnitas yum! It is also smelling like a brewery- maybe I shouldn't have dumped the whole bottle of beer in? Should be good- if not Dave and I will eat it and I will start over!
     Last week our friends Keith and Jane shared their special guest with us. We had supper and a great visit with Alan A. who has been preaching the gospel in Mexico for 30 years or so. He was in Illinois when Dave was a youngster.

Alan and Dave

Our hosts

Happy Dave at Dave's Beach in Carlsbad flying his plane.

It was his first solo flight off the ocean cliffs. He did awesome.  Landed it smoothly 3 times out of 4…. we won't discuss that landing. No damage to the plane only to Dave…. (minor damage)

Winter houses to get in the winter mood.

All you can eat pomegranates compliments of our Fallbrook friends with the 4 adorable blonde children.

Sock Monkey coffee cozies. Seems to be a "hot" item so I am selling a few after some persistent inquires!  At least I have a good reason to sit and crochet all evening. All for now- the cupboards are calling to be organized, the garage is also whimpering… I sure hope Dave is done with that call for work so we can procrastinate together!
   .

1 comment:

  1. I heard it had been rainy out there! Nice pictures. Thanks for posting. Lucky you for seeing my relative. We hope to in the spring. It's been several years now since we laid eyes on him...

    ReplyDelete