Thursday, January 10, 2013

Produce stand

    Nothing too earth shattering tonight…. I was out and about today gathering groceries, yarn, frost blankets, etc. I stopped at my usual produce stand and was inspired to take photos of my favorite "store".  I love having a farm stand that is open year round. It is not a fancy place- set in a little gully on a dirt floor with a tarp roof. But oh my the goodness that can be purchased here!

Mangoes, pomegranates, guava, cherimoya….

Luscious local strawberries
An entire table loaded down with avocados.
Locally produced jams, jellies, honey. Mounds of limes, lemons, tangerines,  oranges.

The sweet lady who answers all my questions regarding what things are , when they are ripe and how to eat them!

 

2 comments:

  1. Does any of the fruit come from Jerry and Carla?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marla, i don't believe so… I am not sure who they sell to. Although I have purchased some from Han :)

    ReplyDelete