Thursday, April 18, 2013

Walking

     Walking has become my mission!  One month ago I had an eye opening appointment with an amazing doctor. She pieced together the whole picture of what has been going on and I am grateful! I won't bore you with all the details but I was very excited when she told me my thyroid had given up the ghost! It sure explained a lot and it sure is an easy fix- for less than $2 per month I can take a tiny pill. There are other things going on also but nothing that can't be fixed.  And you know doctors they think lifestyle changes should go along with the little tiny pills.  That being said….. I did some major dietary changes and am committed to exercising.  I detest the gym and with our AMAZING weather ( 80's today) there is no reason not to walk outside every day.  So I now put in between 3.5-7 miles a day and most of that is hills.  The weight loss is slow but the inches are dropping off and I feel so much better.  I try to mix it up so I don't get bored- the plan is to walk the beach tomorrow if this stupid newly acquired cold abates.  Here are some photos from recent walks.
The bloom from a passion fruit vine. 

Yes that is bamboo! Although I am not sure why anyone would plant this unless they had a pet panda.  It is a grass and it takes over.

Our friend Bill showing how huge this cactus is- not too beautiful in my eyes.

Sherry and Jim examining a gigantic geranium.

A close up.

Amaryllis in April? A friend of mine gave me several bulbs which I plopped in my beds in Dec.  Well lookey lookey here one is blooming!

My best walking buddies Julie and Jane.  My 7 mile walk day is with these ladies and it involves Starbucks for breakfast :) I am so sad that my cold made me miss this walk today. Guess I better go bake it out of me by sitting out in the warm sunshine!

2 comments:

  1. WHEN Spring arrives here, I'm sure my motivation for walking will increase! The view around here just isn't like southern CA yet. Daffodils in a week or so will brighten our landscape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the side benefits of the walks- the gorgeous pix we see here! :) Happy Walking!

    ReplyDelete