Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Classy vs Tacky!

Can you believe it has been nearly 1 1/2 years since we pulled up deep roots and moved to sunny S. Cali?! Crazy!  Well in those 18 months I haven't been very far from the San Diego area. So when my friend Julie asked me if I wanted to go visit her daughter in downtown Los Angeles I jumped at the chance. After we picked up the 3 young ladies at the loft apartment we headed out to see the sights.

First stop was Santa Monica which is very nice.  This is the shopping promenade- the people watching was great too. 


My companions trying to decide on a lunch venue.

For you Anthropology fans- this was the biggest one I have ever been in. 2 stories.

The entrance

You know you are in California when you see this…. wonder where he bought his pink/yellow pants? Paired with the lime green high tops it was a prize outfit!

Jillian and her mama- pretty ladies


Santa Monica Pier

The pier is mostly restaurants and a very clean and compact amusement park.  We decided to go on the ferris wheel.

Jillian, Crystal and Brin 

The view from the top

Julie and I

Julie seems to think I should be in some of the photos.

  After that classy place we went to Venice Beach. Oh my what a place! The promenade along the beach is very interesting….. And the people are even more interesting!
This man was holding up a sign that read WEED?? I wasn't sure if he was selling it or begging for it.


Sleeping quarters. The homeless population really saddens me.  So many destitute and most likely mentally ill people. And  in a warm climate there is a large population. If I was homeless in a cold climate I would head somewhere warm pretty quickly!

Many talents


Fascinating…. there was a young man in green scrubs standing on the sidewalk with a sign that said "The doctor is in"  What a crock! And what a waste of a medical education! There was a line going into the bright green waiting room.

Many stores like these. 
This guy was selling "bum signs". Hand lettered cardboard signs. Really???!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment