Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Birthday, Guests and Rain!

We have had a full round of guests this year- 33 overnights in 2 months! We have enjoyed the whole bunch and now we are enjoying being just the two of us! All of our guests enjoyed fantastic warm weather except for our final guests. We finally received much needed rain and it all came in 3 days- 4.5 inches. Our average for the entire year is 12-13 inches but we have been in a major drought. Those people in the east and midwest have been hogging all the precipitation! This is what a rainy day at the beach looks like. One of my double first cousins and her husband came to visit from WI. To clarify the "double"…. our mothers were sisters and our fathers were brothers. How fun is that! Plus we grew up about 4 miles apart by round and 1 mile through the woods and swamp. Joyce and Anders live about 6 miles from where we use to live. My birthday occurred while they were here. We started the day with breakfast out with Duane and Verla who live very near us when they aren't living and farming in ND.


Verla, me, Joyce

That day it rained in the morning and then cleared for us. Sightseeing time! Torrey Pines golf course.

Joyce splashing in puddles on the flight deck of the USS Midway.

Supper on the bay at our favorite seafood restaurant.

Birthday dessert at Extraordinary Desserts! Yum!

Also I became a grandmother to my first grand dog on my birthday.  This is Tristan's dog Marlowe. Can't wait to meet her!

Joyce and Anders at our good friend's Keith and Jane ( also formerly from the great Midwest).

My birthday "twin" Julie. We share the same birthday but I believe I am slightly more mature…..

Our guests felt they should try In-N-Out since they had heard all about it. So I tried the animal style fries which were gross. Fake cheese and all! Anders rated it on par with McDonalds which doesn't say much in my book! Give me Culvers any day!

I bought my own present at Home Goods but couldn't fit it in the Mini!

Eventually got it home and here it hangs!

No comments:

Post a Comment