Monday, August 27, 2012

Stumpy

 Meet Stumpy! I never know if I am seeing the same lizard over and over but I can tell who this guy is.... he must have quite a story to tell about the traumatic event of losing his tail.
We had the privilege of helping Keith celebrate a milestone !
The lovely couple

A day at  Oceanside Beach

Hmmm....

I started with a pattern and then totally altered it. Kind of proud of my first ever sweater that I crocheted. I think I might even wear it!


Gorgeous new hibiscus

" Built" me a purse too!


I have a new weight loss program for you all. Quit paying your gym membership and do day after day of yard work and house cleaning- it is working well for me! (maybe it is the crocheting too) By the way, I found a new type of avocado at the farm stand " lambnass".  The strawberry season continues- started buying from the stands in Feb and still buying in end of August. Sure beats the quick 2-3 week season in Wisconsin!
   So a new week begins. The house has recovered from the flood and new carpet on Tuesday will complete the work. We are all prepared-we now know dependable landscapers, plumber, general contractor but still don't have a dentist or doctor out here! We are enjoying the company of our friends and co-in laws from Colorado. Funny thing is Brenda grew up in Fallbrook! Tomorrow my BFF Cathy arrives- Yipee- let the talking begin :) Heading right to the beach from the airport!



1 comment:

  1. Very nice work on your sweater! Great colors.

    ReplyDelete