Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Things I have learned lately...

- There are MANY versions of avocados when I thought there were only Haas. So far I have tried Fuerte, Bacon, Reed, Gwen, Pinkerton.... all grown in our very own Fallbrook and surrounding areas. So far the very best is the Reed. I even eat avocado on toast for breakfast like a native!
- The UV index is very high here- 11 which is listed as "extreme" This means I will never have to try to get a tan. It also means that Dave can burn right through his biking shirt- this is what he learned on Saturday!
- Water is very destructive! Water is so awesome in it's proper place ie: pipes, swimming pools, oceans....
- Related to above: pressure regulators can fail between the time you have a home inspection and 6 months later. 110# of pressure coursing through pipes can be disastrous!
- Allstate seems to be as good as their mayhem commercials say they are.
- Good friends will come to your rescue at 5 AM when you call!
- Crocheting is addicting.
- I can give up my camper that I love for the promise of more plane tickets to see my children :)
- The weather in S. Cali is amazing- I keep relearning that!
- No mosquitos makes for lovely days and nights on the patio. Instead we have cute little lizards that scurry about.
  Sorry this is not so exciting.... if I think of anything truly astounding I will let you know!

5 comments:

  1. I love your list! I think bursting pipes and flooding is pretty exciting. And besides... exciting is overrated anyway. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the heels of your other recent posts full of mayhem, an unexciting one is just the ticket. I enjoyed it while eating avocado on toast for lunch ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Posting from the West Nile epicenter of the nation . . . I'm almost ready to move to Fallbrook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree- crocheting is addicting! :) Your sweater is beautiful! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to crochet! I recently bought some crochet thread to do a little project since time has been scarce.

    ReplyDelete