Monday, September 10, 2012

Beautiful Wisconsin!

Ahhhh...... fall in my home state is beautiful! A little fall color mixed in with the green, vivid blue skies with fluffy white clouds.  Firstborn special boy Shane and his lovely wife Nikelle have settled in rural Wisconsin. They were each raised in country type suburbs of larger cities so this is a change for them. I am constantly amazed at their adaptability to new locales and situations. One of my double first cousins, Marilyn picked me up at the Milwaukee airport and delivered me 2 hours away to their doorstep in Berlin.
Celebrated Wayne and Marilyn's birthdays together since they are 1 day different.

More cousins and good friends Jamie and Meredith who live nearby.   We spent many a weekend and vacation with them when our kids were young.

The hospital in Berlin where Shane spends most of his work hours.

Rain and the afternoon "traffic jam" in downtown Berlin! It was kind of fun to see rain twice since I arrived!

Cute building in Berlin

Local Sat AM market.... gotta love the creativity of the camper remodel.... and check out the Packer motif!

When Nikelle said, " I have never seen 5X t-shirts!" in a tone of awe and horror I had to snap a photo! And the belly in the photo is a bonus!


Nikelle outside their apartment building.
Their apartment is right on the Fox River.

There are some beautiful older homes in this town.


Country church

And then there is this....
Season is changing


You can take me out of Wisconsin but you can't destroy my love of cheese curds!

Crashed a wedding reception and saw Tina! A friend from the home area.  

My buddy Oscar waiting for me to join him on the pier.  A beautiful Sunday  on Spring Lake- Jamie and Meredith's home.

Shane going native with his Berlin sweatshirt.

Jamie

A man and his dog feeding hot dogs to the fish!

I love this girl who lets her MIL come to visit for a week and is such a gracious hostess.  I  am so blessed to have grown children who welcome me into their homes even after we deserted them and moved to California. Missing my husband  and my California friends but soaking up as much of WI as I can in a week!


2 comments:

  1. I sense a little extra bounce in your step at being back in Wisconsin! That's OK! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody's a little homesick. ;) I'm glad you enjoyed your visit! Now... back to the beach. Ha.

    ReplyDelete