Saturday, March 16, 2013

Come walk with me!

Doesn't this look inviting? It is probably only 74 degrees or so- not quite pool weather.
    This blog post is dedicated to my friends who like to walk. For those who live back"east" where I migrated from, this is for you since we can't walk together. Linda D. and Lisi would love this walk! So today you are "walking " with me….. This is my usual walk when I am not on a mountain hike, a coastal stroll, or my Thursday AM walk/Starbucks stop. Slather on your sunscreen, put on your hat, grab your sunglasses, and your water.
We pass many citrus trees.

Luscious avocados.

Oh my! What is that sweet fragrance? Jasmine- can smell that long before you see it.

Not so pretty in my eyes anyway.

Roses

Even the mailboxes wear flowers.

And the fire hydrants also. African daisies.

Blindingly bright mounds of ice plant.

By the way you climbed a lengthy hill and this is looking back at the mountains/ high hills in the distance.  

Geraniums gone wild!

Lots of Birds of Paradise



Another well dressed mailbox.

You are sweating by now because you just hiked up this massive hill. There are no flat walks in Fallbrook!

Time to plant. Although you should have planted your cold weather vegetables back in Nov/Dec I believe.


The weather on your walk. It feels like about 80 by now because the sun is so intense.

One of the multitude of nurseries in Fallbrook. Maybe you will see these flowers in YOUR Stein's or Home Depot.


Heading home.

If you look really intently you can see a snow capped mountain just left of center.

This is so nice having you walk with me.


I have several friends like this that bark until I tell them they are, "A good boy". Then they look confused about whether they know me.

Not sure what this is but smell that fragrance!

And this…. not a usual sight in our neighborhood. We purchased a mattress at a very nice discount and it included removing our old set. Well imagine my surprise when I saw our set dumped about a block from our house! I promptly called the store and demanded that they come remove it or I was reporting them!

Wisteria

Some kind of yellow shrub rose with sea lavender.

A yard full of ganzias


Back home.

Come sit with me on the patio and have a cold drink.





Thanks for walking with me and I look forward to your visit!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh that was a wonderful walk and I didn't even break a sweat! Wish there weren't several thousand miles between us so I could join you or you join me. Maybe I'll post a bit of mine next week. It'll look like a hundred shades of gray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe they dumped your mattress down the road! Did they get it eventually?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikelle, I checked tonight and it was gone. You should have seen the look on my face when I saw it laying there!!!

      Delete
  3. Well a walk and a sit on that patio would be nice! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete