Friday, March 29, 2013

Fun company and new adventures

  Sure was fun to have a boy (Emerson) visiting us that wanted to play with the Harry Potter legos. Legos- we have multiple bins in our garage. That is what happens when you have boys and I see no sense in getting rid of them- we paid a small fortune for them over the years!  They did provide hours of entertainment for our boys and our puppy at the time who chewed on them midst shrieks of, " No Heather! Bad dog!". Perhaps Legos are the reason Tristan became an Architect.
    We had this family from Wisconsin stay with us two nights. We were very glad that they made us a part of their CA trip. They came Sunday night after a very long day which included a missed flight. They traveled from Milwaukee to Detroit to Salt Lake City and finally to San Diego. Murray came to the Milwaukee area to go to college so we have known him since he was barely growing whiskers! Charla came into our lives via her marriage to Murray.
   Monday it was off to the beach in Oceanside for us and poor Dave had to work:(



Emerson, Murray, and Elliot with their creation which included a farm field. 

The boys even played in the waves- pretty much Lake Michigan temperature in May!

Monday night was dinner out at La Caseta in Fallbrook.  Then a stop at FroYo.
Hmmm….. what flavor to choose….

Emerson looks like he was playing "Chubby Bunnies" !!


New day and new subject. Thursday started out with this windshield view of the foothills with a coastal fog layer below and the sun peeking out over the top. I was on my way to Murieta for my weekly 7 mile walk that includes Starbucks! Love destination walks with good friends!


Me snorting the lilacs at Julie's house. This is the first lilacs I have seen (except for wild ones on the foothills) since leaving WI. 


After our walk the 3 of us headed across the desert to Palm Desert to shop and lunch.

Lots of space out there for these.


Palm Desert

Julie and Jane

Imagine my surprise when I saw my favorite store!

John, Keith and Dave met us in Palm Springs to go to the weekly street fair.  And you know who this is….




I just didn't really have any questions for him

More actor than musician

John and Julie

Keith and Jane
My wonderful hubby and I

Portable wood -fired pizza oven





2 comments:

  1. We were so happy to see you! Thanks for the great hospitality and the awesome day at the beach. I changed my treadmill to include hills today and it about killed me. I tried to imagine our walk but it wasn't quite the same. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see the familiar faces of your guests! Wouldn't it be nice to have all the people and places we love the best right next door? I'd put WI and IN right where Poland is! :)

    ReplyDelete