Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Great times with good friends


    As I sit here in my wool socks AND Cabelas shearling lined slippers and think of the 8 degree wind chill outside….. I remember that just 1 week ago we said goodbye to our guests from Michigan. Don't get me wrong- I love being here with our kids and the weather is a small price to pay for such wonderful days together. Besides as Dave says,"Think how warm it will feel when we go back!" Yup- Berlin,WI is to have a high of 30 today and Fallbrook a high of 81….. Have I mentioned lately how wonderful our DIL is???? She seems to not mind that we are staying here many days- we will be in and out a bit though. There are deer to slay and people to visit. We are trying to be useful and Dave has some mad electrical skills and I am a great leaf raker! We braved the cold last night to take Shane and Nikelle out for sushi as a belated bday celebration for Shane. 29 years old- how did that happen so fast?!
   Anyway on to the rest of this post. Rod and Linda came to visit us from Michigan. Rod and I are second cousins and probably met when we were 1 yr old or so. Linda came into our lives from Canada when Rod started dating her and brought her by for our stamp of approval-ha! The four of us were born in March, April, June and Sept of the same year. We hadn't seen them for about 8 years so it was wonderful to catch up in person while showing them our new domicile.
Carlsbad. Dave teaching Rod to fly.

Then on to our favorite hike at Torrey Pines.

Nothing like a walk on the beach on a sunny day.

After a delicious Korean lunch and sightseeing in La Jolla we stopped at Mission Beach.

The lovely Crystal Pier at Mission Beach

A gorgeous sunset with my husband in the distance and my loyalty to my new state in the foreground.


Sunday Brunch in La Jolla at Las Brisas. Best view ever!

Yummy dessert

Linda knew these lovely ladies: Sharon and her mom Winnie so we met them there.

Isn't it great how we have matching hair color?!

We stayed for the sunset in Laguna Beach


Monday the guys golfed and we shopped for yarn. Linda knits and I crochet so this place was perfect for us. All the wool behind Linda is locally grown, spun and dyed.

I found a new place to feed my addiction! 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED re-living our visit as I read this! :) It was so enjoyable being with you two! How soon can we come again?? :)

    ReplyDelete