Thursday, January 19, 2012

California Day #3

   The day started much like the last 2- the sun remembers to appear and shine brightly every day. A brisk uphill walk- I have discovered that the trick to walking out here is to go uphill while you still have the strength and then coast home! When I say uphill I mean REALLY uphill!
  Then a little retail therapy- there seems to be a few things every day that we realize we need. Maybe I should have said what I want- really have been missing our single brew coffee maker..... I figure this cute new Keurig can be in our guest room when we find a house.
   One of my gifts from my co workers was a Barnes & Noble gift card so now I can learn the totally different plants that grow here.
   Then a little vitamin D therapy... only person at the pool. And then off on a field trip to Fallbrook since yesterday's house hunting wasn't successful. Fallbrook is quite a bit north but it feels more like "the country" which seems to be what Dave is craving. California lot sizes are often listed in sq. ft. NOT acres. It is just the way it is here but a shock to the guy who grew up surrounded by the soybean and corn fields of Illinois. We saw many sights and narrowed our search down to 2 houses we would like to see. It is very hilly in Fallbrook and the sun was setting over the hills when we left. Saw signs for 20 avocados for $5!!

No comments:

Post a Comment