Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Contrasts

  I will set the scene.... brilliant sunshine, clear blue sky, slight breeze, 59 degrees and right along the ocean.... The contrast in how people dress is very entertaining! On my walk this morning I saw someone dressed in shorts, tank top and flip flops.... and the other extreme was long wool coat, jeans, Uggs, and a fleece hat with ear flaps! Dave claims that after I have been out here for a while I will be the wimpy person overdressed.
   Strawberry season comes early here- bought some at a farm stand, they still need a little more time- they were NOT as good as Wisconsin strawberries. The Fallbrook avocados are amazing and make excellent guacamole.
  We saw house number #28 today.... now Dave has decided he may not need so much land! This one had 2 acres which would need more landscaping and lots of irrigation. It was a nice setting and it did have a pool.  You will all be informed once we actually make an offer on a house and it is accepted.... Getting weary and very jaded with this house hunting. We will need to sign a rental lease soon if we don't find a house since we will be homeless as of March 1st! Oh well, everything else about this move has fallen into place so something will work out.
  Speaking of moving.... I am very sad that I am not in Waukesha to see Tristan leave home again. He leaves in the morning for Lincoln,NE and a job in his field!! We have loved having him home since he graduated in May and the tears will really flow when I go back for the final move and he is gone. Sniff... We nurture and raise our children to some day be independent and leave the nest but it is hard to say goodbye to those years. I do love this stage of life and seeing our children realize their dreams but I would love to hold them as toddlers one more time :) I really feel for Nikelle who is now the only Garner left in Waukesha. Shane is only home weekends until March.
  We had a lovely evening in Fallbrook after house shopping. Our new friends Duane and Verla B. went to dinner with us and even looked at 2 of our houses with us. It was good to have a second opinion. We feel very well cared for and welcome in our new home. now to find our dwelling place. Dave doesn't think his company will pay for our temporary housing forever! Goodnight from the west coast!

1 comment:

  1. The right one will pop up. Like you said, things have worked out and they still will! I was going to tell you that T was saying his goodbyes after gm last week and I felt sad to see him go. I was so happy when he didn't think a handshake was enough and wanted a hug. So wonderful to see these young men launch forth when we remember them as little fellas! But we'll miss them!

    ReplyDelete