Thursday, January 26, 2012

New adventures

Along the coast in Carlsbad is a beautiful place to take a morning walk....

A familiar sight- I thought it was a bit discriminatory that there were signs  instructing me not to feed the ground squirrels!


This fellow stalked me as soon as I sat down and opened my string cheese


This fine fellow discovered the mineral springs in Carlsbad.  

So this water apparently is sort of like the fountain of youth. Water is a big thing here in CA- so much water in the ocean but nothing to drink!

The same day I headed to the ritzy La Jolla area to meet up with a friend from Wisconsin.



This is like a big maternity ward- now is the season for giving birth. All the very pregnant women just loll around in the sun waiting for their time!

This little pup was born a little premature just 1 day ago.

Lois exploring the tide pools


Patterns in the sand

Beautiful La Jolla sunset

Lois and me dining in a little Thai restaurant


So today's activity was a hike in the Elfin Forrest Recreational Area with some of my new SD friends.  I felt like a total wimp since I was pretty sure a heart attack was in my near future!  But they were very kind and told me to take my time and I would get used to it.  The view at the top was worth the effort to get there.
Christina, Jeanette and the newbie at the summit.

Ocean view

My hiking buddies

The way down

Just to give you an idea of the incline!
 That pretty much wraps up what I did while Dave was off to Puerto Rico for work. The house we were interested in fell off the market so back to square one. Very discouraging!  We are considering renting a 2 bedroom apt in this complex so we aren't homeless when March 1st rolls around. It is a great location and the pools are gorgeous so we may survive!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your house, Kristi....but I'm glad you are having lots of fun adventures here! Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pictures and hearing of your explorations. (sorry about the house.) Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete