Thursday, February 23, 2012

Door is back open!!!

Well you have all seen this house before! So I boarded the plane Monday for my 6:45 Am flight back to my Wisconsin home.... I had finally resigned myself to the fact that we would be house hunting once again.  One of my favorite double cousins, Marilyn picked me up at MKE airport and delivered me to a very quiet, lonely townhome. Tristan had moved out while we were gone to start his Architectural career in Lincoln,NE. My wonderful daughter in law came over to help me prepare for the movers.  My phone rings and it is our realtor who proceeded to tell me that the sellers changed their mind and would sell the house to us for our original offer! Apparently they found a house that they wanted and knew another buyer would not be along anytime soon. Tuesday brought the news that they had signed the offer and we were up and running again! Yeah!! I now began to proceed with the move with enthusiasm!
My "no pack zone"( closet, office, and hanging out zone) for the next  2 days. Anything that wasn't in this room was going to get packed! Day 1 involved 2 guys who packed non stop for 9 hours.

Day 2 involved 4 guys there for 12 hours! A 53 ft truck that had one small load headed for San Francisco already on board. I have never seen so many things taken apart and wrapped in so much paper, moving pads, saran wrap, etc.

That truck was packed to the ceiling- every square inch was filled.  It rumbled away at 8:30 PM headed to CA. After finishing the cleaning I moved into the lovely guest suite at another double cousin's house ( Joyce and Anders). I had always joked that I wish I could stay there some day. Well that some day had arrived :)


   So now I am socializing and enjoying the beautiful snowfall. A photo especially for all my CA friends who had 78 degrees and sunny today. Luckily I remembered to put my boots in the "no pack" zone!

1 comment:

  1. Hhmm...the video doesn't work for me. BUT I am happy the house offer is now working! YEAH!! That is very exciting and stress- relieving! Enjoy the snow while you can! Someday a few years from now you may miss it occasionally!

    ReplyDelete