Friday, February 10, 2012

Lions and tigers and bears -oh my!

Well I used my brand new annual zoo pass for the first time today. And I rode the "Coaster" down the coast to get to the zoo. My "daughter for the day" Jacinda joined me further down the track. Then a bus ride and we were there. Not too bad for 2 directionally challenged people! The San Diego Zoo is a beautiful place with a multitude of animals, great scenery, winding paths, hills and a large variety of places to eat- I have never had pad thai at a zoo before! Also outdoor escalators! A really fun way to spend a day....

My view from the coaster

This fellow was in the same enclosure with his best friend- an arctic wolf.

Yoga or pilates??

Meditating?

Definitely needs some moisturizing lotion

Young giraffe

Jacinda hanging with the gorillas!



Now that is the life!

Not the best end of the panda...apparently it was nap time

Going up the canyon


A large rambling place

Chewing on a carrot

Thought of the kids and their polar bear plunge into Lake Micchigan

Taking the "Skyfari" back to the entrance

No comments:

Post a Comment