Monday, April 30, 2012

Catching up... Part 1


    I have fallen behind on my blog posts because I am having so much fun living! I do have lots of work to do between our adventures because if I fall behind my "boss" may fire me! First a few photos of the beautiful roses in our  yard.  When we moved in I informed Dave that roses are pretty but they are too needy for my liking. Roses bloom  and bloom here in Fallbrook- I have never seen anything like it. That said...sure enough I went out to look at the roses and discovered many yellowing leaves and on the underside there were orange "warts"! With the help of the internet I diagnosed them as having "rust" which is a fungus. A fungus-yuck!! I was feeling like I had failed my roses by letting them become diseased even though I had fertilized them with special rose stuff. I felt better when I was informed by my plant guru at Joe's Hardware that all roses around here get rust. So all roses get rust and all houses get termites- something to look forward to! So the roses have been treated and I am keeping  an eagle eye out for the termites!

A week ago Friday night we had 2 families of our wonderful friends who live nearby. Thus we had 6 adults and 6 children (6 years and under)! The toys from our boys were hauled out and played with once again.
Katrina,Kaitlyn,Warren and Baron
Dave even shared his new toy with Warren and Kenny
Adorable Karissa!
2 cuties- Baron and Kenny.

That Saturday we visited the Cabrillo National Monument and hiked down to the tide pools.





Then we hiked again!

This is the power plant for a searchlight that was used in WWI and WWII. The searchlight was rolled out along a track so they could shine it on any ships entering the harbor.

Our next stop was Coronado. 

Inside the lobby of the Hotel Del Coronado

View of this famous hotel form the beach

Beautiful beaches

Some very nice beachside villas that we thought would be fun to rent for a night....until we found out they rent for   $900.00 and up for 1 night!!!

Next we picked Arun up from his hotel and brought him home for the night.  He even treated us to a dinner of fish tacos on the way home. It was great to catch up on news and really enjoyed having another one of 'our" boys visit us! His pose is really quite natural for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment