Monday, April 9, 2012

I knew the day would come....

Planted this beautiful calla lily in my yard just because I can!

2 smaller plants are pink or yellow calla lillies
My nearly daily dose of strawberries and mango. 


So there is Los Angeles and San Diego but where is Waukesha? Actually, I took this photo to show a typical  roadside sight- brilliant magenta ice plant and geraniums.


Had lunch at this little cutie's house today! He was "helping" Daddy carve the ham and sampling it too.

A day of quiet splendor at Carlsbad State Park.
Rananculus flowers

Acres of beauty! Fields of flowers at Carlsbad.
   I knew the day would come and I was dreading it.... today was the day that homesickness hit me in a huge wave!  As Dave stated this morning " Okay, this has been fun but isn't it time to pack our bags and go home?" Perhaps it is the 3 month mark or most likely the  fact that Shane and Nikelle came to visit and then left us again! I have been so positive and so adaptable so far that I was shocked when the sickness hit me.  Everyone here in So Cali has been so welcoming and wonderful in adopting us that I feel bad even mentioning how homesick I feel. It is a bit exhausting totally reinventing one's self at such an advanced age!  I guess I can't expect to not feel the pain when I had lived in the same 20 mile radius all of my life! But Wisconsin can't be home really because we have no home there and Cali doesn't feel like home quite yet so.... our status is semi homeless! Oh well, we will survive and bloom here where we have been planted. I just feel a bit wilted right now.

5 comments:

  1. hugs....I'm sure a move like you've had will bring some down times...but like you said....you'll bloom where you've been planted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. virtual hug. I cried while leaving my family yesterday if that helps...haven't done that in awhile. Just kind of sunk in that we have no immediate family nearby anymore...and it would be awhile before we would see anyone! love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nikelle! We will survive but yesterday was a little rough. We have so much to be thankful for and very glad that we have special peeps like you kids to miss! Hugs and love form here. Sorry I forgot all about the flower fields!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, what a cute pic of Baron! I felt sad reading this, but I can understand what a transition this has all been! So glad you came Sunday...by the way, love your blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete