Thursday, April 5, 2012

Very special visitors!

We had very special visitors from Waukesha,WI... Shane and Nikelle were here from Thurs- Tues night.  The first day only Nikelle was here and Dave had to work so Nikelle and I went to the beach. This is Nikelle's  (and my) idea of a perfect day. Ocean, a little sun, sand, diet coke, and a good book!


Nikelle on Oceanside Pier. It was a little cloudy but  we still managed to turn Nikelle a little pink!

Surfers at Oceanside

Riley and Cassandra spent Friday night and Saturday with us too.

Goldfish Point in La Jolla


I never get tired of watching these seals at Children's Pool in La Jolla. These are babies born this year.

The family minus the younger son. The day was overcast and our visitors were shocked that it wasn't warmer.... the sun did appear at about 4:30 PM

The visitors

Yes, we tailgate in CA too- at the beach at Torrey Pines State Park

Hiking along the cliffs

Not very sunny but sort of a neat monochromatic scene.


Always happy to be near the ocean!

Nikelle and Shane

Patterns in the sand

Shane and Dave

On the way back from the beach the guys humored us and let N and I take photos of San Luis Rey Mission



A new day. Sunday after lunch we went to the Wild Animal Park in Escondido

10 month old gorilla born at the park


King of the beasts





We saw this cheetah run 100 meters in just over 5 seconds!  Much too fast to get a photo of the run! Amazing! 0- 40 mph in 3 strides. 

We took the tram tour so we could get closer to the big animals. Shane only wanted to see the animals that " could eat me"!



Monday morning's hike a Elfin Recreation area - you have seen this place in prior posts.  That is the ocean in the background.

Saw this little guy along the trail. These are the ones I see on our patio all the time.

Dave insisted we refuel at the best donut shop I have ever been at.  

After donuts we drove up the coast to Crystal Cove State Park

One of many cute little houses you can rent right on the beach. These were built in the 1930's  and are being remodeled and updated.


Beachcomber restaurant right on the beach



Happy Nikelle! The guys were too wimpy but Nikelle and I went in the freezing cold water to cool off.  Pretty much like Lake Michigan cold!

Strolled around Laguna Beach

Supper with special friends Ron and Terri in San Clemente.

My Crate and Barrel patio furniture arrived while the kids were here. I love it!

Centerpiece picked from my yard.

The last day- boo hoo. I took them to Ocean Beach on the way to the airport. Eating super sweet California strawberries while sitting on Crystal Pier watching the surfers.


My boy and my devil's horns hair!

My girl :)

Their visit is done and I head back home through the foothills at sunset.  Wonderful memories will have to sustain us as we wait for Tristan to come visit us in 3 weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Such special pictures!! Glad you had some time with two of your kids! :) Love reading your blog!!

    ReplyDelete