Monday, April 16, 2012

Fun,fun,fun!

   We had a wonderful and very busy week. Dave of course did have to work and I did my work too and then we could play.... We have decided that at least once a week we will head to the ocean to walk/bike along it and then have a light supper out and wait for the traffic to diminish before heading home. Tuesday was our day- Dave quit work a little early and we crammed his bike in the Mini Cooper ( one more thing for my list of what will fit in that tiny car). I dropped him off at the bike path and then headed to the coast. I had my walk and he had his ride and then we both had yummy fish tacos. He even agreed to -gasp- clothes shop!
 Special friends came from our WI home to visit her brother and family who have become very dear to us. They graciously shared their company with us. I was included in their day at Sea World.






Friday night they all came over for supper and games

A few days early bday celebration for Jane

Michael is a Settlers addict so fit right in!


Saturday we went to prep day at the new convention grounds. Crazy weather....we drove through snow to get there and the temp on the car read 35 degrees at one point. We were rewarded with a full double rainbow.

The new grounds is a campground in the high desert. Hopefully it will be ready next year- great place for those of us with campers! It was 50 degrees with about 45 mph winds! We had a full blown thunderstorm this week which is a rare occurrence here in S. Cali.

We went to hike the nearby Anza-Borrego State Park on the way home.  



Well it isn't Door County but we think it would be fun to camp here in the winter. We can camp year round out here.








A gorgeous view on the way home.

I was so excited to see "Wisconsin" cows that Dave humored me and  stopped so I could take a photo.
Then Sunday involved meeting of course and then 2 separate potlucks.  We were exhausted but content when we fell into bed Sunday night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment