Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pity party is over!


  These roses were given to me by one of our new friends here in Fallbrook. Huge, gorgeous roses from her flower beds.  I know she doesn't read blogs but I won't mention her name for privacy reasons... of course some of you will recognize them... She and her husband are an inspiration to me. Upon thinking of all the loss she has suffered in her life, it snapped me out of my homesick pity party. This friend lost her father when she was 13, her mother when she was 27, her first husband when she was 53,  2 brothers in recent years and a stepson 2 1/2 years ago.  And she is the most positive person I have been around in a very long time! Her second husband is a very upbeat person also and they make a great pair. He lost his first wife within 37 days of her cancer diagnosis and his son who was his farming partner just 2 1/2 years ago. They split their time between CA and ND. We are sad to see them leave us for now to go plant in ND but look forward to their return!
  I believe certain people come into our lives at just the time we need them. I want to have her positive attitude when life throws me some curveballs. So life goes on here in sunny CA (rain comes tomorrow)- off to the produce stand to stock up on all that yummy fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment